Winter Solstice – Yule – June 21st
Our Winter Solstice special offer:
Until midnight June 27th, call by credit card and pay 30 cents per minute less for your psychic readings at $3.30 per minute incl GST!
Winter Solstice Blessings!
Traditionally celebrated on June 21st, astrologically, in Australia 2019, Winter Solstice (or Yule as it is also called) peaks on Saturday the 22nd of June at 1:54 am (AEST).
At Winter Solstice the Sun reaches the most distant northern point of its yearly journey (creating the shortest day and the longest night) and then begins to return toward us – making the days longer and warmer.
So at Winter Solstice, the Goddess gives birth to the young Sun God, and thus the reborn God begins to bring warmth and fertility back to the land.
The Christian festival of Christmas which celebrates the birth of Christ: the son (Sun) of God, is the Christian interpretation of Yule and is celebrated in the northern hemisphere close to their date of Winter Solstice in late December. So here in the southern hemisphere, we celebrate Christmas with the northern hemisphere, however for us, we are then at the opposing point of the year close to Summer Solstice!
Winter Solstice is a time of promise, birth and new beginnings, in which we focus on the light. Look deep within yourself to find your seeds of light, and use positive energy to focus on that which you wish to grow in the coming year.
A healing ritual for Winter Solstice
At this time it is good to focus on a warm fire or a candle and consider your most heart-felt wishes for the coming year.
Look deep within to find your seeds of light, then write these on a piece of paper and let the warmth of the fire consume them.
As your wishes are released to the Great Spirit, the energy and power of the Sun will help them to grow and manifest for you in the coming months!
Tips for meditation to find your seeds of light…
All meditation really is is becoming still and focusing on your inner world.
- Sit somewhere that is quiet and comfortable.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breathing until you are relaxed, calm and still. Feel yourself arriving into the present moment.
- Once you reach a state of relaxation, you will become more aware of your inner thoughts and feelings. Then ask yourself the questions: “What is most important to me and my path ahead?” “What seeds can I see and feel in me that I wish to grow?”
- Observe whatever thoughts, feelings or images come to you. These may provide you with even more clarity as to what is most important for you to wish for the coming year.
- Write your insights down.